Players 360 Lacrosse Select Girls Teams
Play for the premier youth club team in the far Western Suburbs, work with experienced coaches from all areas and levels of the game. The season will run from September 2016 to August 2017 in an extended session designed to allow players to bond & work together to find success. The extended session also allows for more game and development opportunities including; 3-5 hours of practice a week, guest coach clinics, play days and tournaments.
Our goal is to grow the sport at the youth level by introducing higher level concepts while focusing on perfecting fundamental concepts, ideally these players will have a seam-less transition as the progress to the High School and later the College level. Focusing on growing skills as well as a passion for the game & athletic principles in general is also an integral part of this process.
Players 360 Select is a program created to develop your daughter as an athlete with a holistic approach; developing not only her individual skills as an athlete but implementing strategy and smarts when playing with a team. In our program we like to build character, promote leadership, and represent a classy group of girls with great sportsmanship.
We believe that the Players 360 mission has been reaffirmed after receiving the US Lacrosse “Keeper of the Game” Award at the USL Central Championships this summer in Madison, Wisconsin.
2016 Fall/Winter Results
Chi-town Classic – Finish weekend 3-0
Field of Screams – 3rd Place in the Elite Division
Midwest Showcase – Finish 3rd in the HS Silver Division
IWLCA Presidents Cup – TBD
Sandstorm – TBD
Chitown Classic – Finish weekend 2-1
Field of Screams – U15 Division Champions
Midwest Showcase – Finish 3rd in HS Bronze Division
Sandstorm – TBD
U14 (2021, 2022, 2023)
Chitown Classic – Finish weekend 3-0
Field of Screams – U13 Division Champions
Midwest Showcase – Finish 3rd in U15 Division
2017 Try-out Information
If you are interested in joining one of our teams for the Summer please email us and we can set up an alternate evaluation, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tryouts for the 2017/2018 season will take place in August/September of 2017.
Want To Know More About Our Program?
- Our Program Structure
The “360” name is deeper than what we put on our jerseys, our goal is to develop each player completely – or 360 degrees.
The facets of our program we hope to focus on and implement for our athletes are:
o Skill Development as a Foundation
o Field Strategy and Smarts
o Athleticism and Fitness
o Nutrition and Healthy Habits
o Character, Sportsmanship and Leadership Development by Example
We are firmly committed to developing our athletes on and off the field and are excited to include some goal setting within the season and in their career as a lacrosse athlete. We will be having the girls make some team and individual goals for both long and short term and aim to hit those goals while working with them. The athletes will be required to complete self evaluation about their performance followed by coach’s feedback.
- Our Coaches
Ronni Kluener (Appenbrink)
- 10+ years playing experience, including; Neuqua Valley and Wittenberg University (NCAA DIII)
- 6+ years coaching, including; travel club teams (Players), Lindenwood University (NCAA DII, top 5 in the country for 2014), Neuqua Valley HS (top 10 all 3 years), most recently St Charles HS Sweet 16 finish in State Tournament, 2nd in Conference.
- 3+ years as club director at Players for HS and Youth team
- While at Neuqua Valley had 2-3 All State recognized players each year and appearances in the IHSWLA State Serie
- USL Level 2 Certified Coach and Positive Coaching Alliance Certified
- Won the IHSWLA 2015 Positive Coach of the Year Award
- With the U15 team, recieved the US Lacrosse “Keeper of the Game” Sportsmanship Award at the 2015 USL Central Championships
- 10+ years playing experience, grew up in Montville New Jersey. 4 year starter at Lock Haven University of PA (Top 5 DII Program)
- College Career Record 63-14
- 3 Conference Championship Appearances
- 2 NCAA Final 4 Appearances
- Second Team All Conferences
- Team Captain Senior Year
- 2008-2010: Graduate Assistant Frostburg State University (DIII) located in western MD
- 2010-2012: Assistant Lacrosse & Assistant Field Hockey Coach at Kutztown University of PA (DII)
- 2012-2014: First Assistant/Defensive Coordinate at Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster PA (DIII, Top 5 in the Nation)
- Two conference championship appearances
- Two Elite 8 Appearances
- 2012-2015 Executive Director for Lanco Elite Lacrosse Club out of Lancaster PA
- Placed over 30 girls at various DI, DII & DIII colleges/universities to continue their lacrosse career
- Currently entering my second season at Aurora University as Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach
- 11-7 Overall record
- 6-1 Midwest Lacrosse Conference Record
- First Appearance in the Midwest Lacrosse Conference Championship Game
- 10 years of playing experience including; Lakeville North High School and Carthage College (NCAA DIII)
- 4+ years of coaching experience including: Kenosha Raptors club team, Madtown Reds club team, Verona High School, Neuqua Valley High School, Players 360 Select club team, and North Central College (NCAA DIII)
- Private lesson coach for all ages
- Head coach for youth and high school development clinics since fall of 2013
- Named assistant coach of the year for Wisconsin in 2013
- Played at Rollins College as a Goalie (DII, 2 Final Four appearances)
- Experienced Goalie Coach
- Graduated From Rollins College in 2014 with a Bachelor of Arts in studio art with an art history minor as a member of PHI ETA SIGMA honors society and a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success
- Currently enrolled in Aurora University’s Digital Marketing and Analytics Masters Program
- 4+ years of coaching, including; travel club teams (Lanco Elite (PA), BZ Elite (PA), Cool Sticks (IL), River City (IL)), College Camps/Clinics (Franklin & Marshall College (top 5 DII program), Millersville University (PSAC DII)), individual goalie lessons and currently the Graduate Assistant Coach at Aurora University
- IWLCA member
- Current College Coach: In her first season, helped lead Aurora to a school record for wins with the 11-7 overall record and with the 6-1 MWLC record also making their first conference tournament appearance (Aurora University).
• Playing experience includes prep school play in Massachusetts
• NCAA DI Wrestler at Hofstra
• Current Head Coach at Metea/Waubonsie Vally High School Tribe Co-Op
• 3+ years coaching as a rec 5/6 coach with winning records as well as 2+ seasons with Players 360
• A true Student of the game, Sean works to stay current with the ever changing landscape and improve his coaching style. Sean is a great motivator for the girls and sets a good example for them on and off the field
- 6+ years of playing experience, including Saint Charles and North Central College (DII).
- 3+ years of coaching with River City.
- While Playing at North Central I have earned the Heart of Lacrosse player, and Offensive MVP.
- Working on finishing my degree at North Central College in Exercise Science with a minor in health and Coaching.
- 10+ years extensive lacrosse background including boys and girls lacrosse
- 4+ years coaching as an IGLA 5/6 coach with winning records as well as 1 seasons with River City Select
- Stu works to stay current with the ever changing landscape and improve his coaching style. Stu is a great leader for the girls and sets a good example for them on and off the field
David Gunn – 5+ years of experience at both the HS and collegiate level. Specializes in goalies. David Gunn joins Players 360 as the goalie coach after a three year tenure at Benedictine University. As a goalie, David was awarded an All Conference award in North Carolina and has been coaching goalies for five years. At Benedictine he helped lead a new goalie to the conference tournament two years in a row and the fewest goals allowed in program history.
• 6+ years of playing experience, including Neuqua Valley HS and Lindenwood University (NCAA DII), currently University of Colorado – Puebla
• 3+ years of coaching experience, including Youth developmental, club and private instruction
• While at Neuqua Valley, received various MVP honors, lead the team in offensive points and draw controls and was also an All State recognized player.
- We Make an Impact!
Testimonials and Parent Ambassadors
The Lange Family, player: Angela (2019)
Angela had an amazing time in the Players LAX Program. She has made some amazing friendships, learned so much about LAX and speaks highly of her coaches and team mates constantly. Would not have her in any other program.
The Wilhelm Family, player: Kara (2019)
“We would like to thank Players 360 for such an amazing season. Our daughter’s passion, knowledge and love for lacrosse has grown so much. Coach Ronni, Coach Sean and Coach Leah have been great leaders and have taught our daughter that hard work, dedication and determination always pays off”
~Thank you on behalf of the Wilhelm Family~
The Covey Family, player: Caroline (2020)
My name is Tanya Covey and I have two daughters who have either played or are still playing with Players.
My older daughter, Catherine began playing when she was 10 years old at Players and has been playing for 6 years. Through her play, we have experienced Players grow. As girl’s lacrosse was such a new sport when she began, there was no youth team at that time and Catherine was playing with girls through U17. As more girls gained interest in the sport and player’s program grew, Catherine was one of the first member’s of the youth team program. She began playing with a group of 4 girls who played together until high school.
Coaches helped her to learn not just stick skills, but an understanding of the flow of the game and strategy in a game from all positions, defense and offense. Catherine went to Ronni in her last summer before high school and asked her what she needed in order to make the varsity team. Ronni gave her some things to focus and work on between then and try-outs. She was the only freshman to make the Varsity team at her high school (Benet) last year.
My younger daughter Caroline, age 12, began taking lessons at players as an 8 year old and began playing with the youth team 2 1/2 years ago. She has played with some of the same girls for the past 2 years. The coaches encourage these girls to not just work together but to support each other and really “come together” as a team. As the roster has changed and new teammates have joined, the girls have blended wonderfully. They support each other and their successes and learn from their mistakes and keep spirits up in their losses. I have seen these girls come off a terrible loss at a tournament and pull together to come back and win the next game. Last year (season going from June to November), the girls began their season with a tough loss (17-2 – or something close I can’t quite remember) and ended the season in the championship game of their final tournament. It’s a credit to coaching in seeing where improvement was needed, and the girls for striving to be better and working together to get there.
Both Ronni and Sean have helped the girls as a team and individually. As an example, Caroline went to Sean last season and said she needed to get her left handed shot. He worked with her individually on that. Both have done the same for the other girls on the team. It’s been wonderful to watch how these girls have improved both as individual players and as a team. Caroline’s goal has been to make the Varsity team as a freshman like her sister and seems to be well on her way.
Have questions for someone who has been there?
Let us know and we can set you up with a “parent ambassador” to answer your questions honestly!